Why is deburring required on sheet metal?
- Burrs are sharp edges, left after machining, cutting, or punching.
- Items with burrs do not look like a quality product and from an aesthetic point of view as well as a quality point of view, deburring is recommended.
- Minimizing the risk of injury, caused by sharp edges, on the assembly personnel.
- Burrs can cause problems during assembly.
- Burrs can pose a risk to the correct function of the workpiece.
- Burrs cause problems during surface treatment. On the sharp side, the layer thickness will be thinner than elsewhere, with all its consequences.
By combining a sanding belt and a brush, products can be deburred and finished in one work step. Our deburring machine is designed for low-cost deburring and post processing of laser cut and punched parts. The Multi Disc head with six rotating deburring discs, creates round edges and a proper finish.
- Working width: 1350 mm.
- Table opening: 0-100 mm.
We offer grinding and deburring of workpieces in the following materials:
- Stainless steel
- Coated iron
A.K.S. has 2 sheet metal deburring machines.